Monday 13 February 2017

Straight from the Heart-Some Valentine's Day Ideas


I always say that we don't make a big deal about Valentine's Day in our house but inevitably we end up buying cards and some sort of small gifts-and I love any excuse for a bit of pink and red. It's actually my stepson's birthday on Valentine's Day and I became very excited on Saturday when we received a phone call to say that he and his girlfriend were home from London for the weekend and would we like to meet them for lunch. I was immediately thinking, "Birthday, trip home, Valentine's Day, announcement?" They found this hilarious so we decided to drink a few bottles of wine anyway to 'celebrate'-though the day has just started so there is still time for an announcement, right?
I'm loving my Emma Bridgewater calendar which my lovely friend Rosemary bought me for Christmas-and luckily I looked at it a few weeks ago as I almost booked a trip away for us-until I realised I was the only one who had an entire week off!


I was delighted to waken up to this treat this morning-a great effort from Robbie with a bit of help from his dad, I imagine! I'm glad these cookie cutters are being put to good use with toast as I can't imagine we will be baking many cookies!



These pompoms stay up all year round but seem to get moved from room to room, depending on my mood and are currently in the main bathroom-which ironically is only used by the males in this house-what a waste!

                              

It goes without saying that I am a big fan of TK Maxx so was delighted when I found this gorgeous Valentine's card there this week-and I plan to pop it into a  frame afterwards.

                              

I tried to engage Robbie in some crafts after school yesterday which he normally loves but it's no surprise that he had no interest in gluing strips of polka dot paper into hearts. These were super easy to make-leftover strips from a previous Christmas paper chain making afternoon.

                             


                            

                           

                          
       
                         
I spent yesterday morning at my friend Fiona's house for a coffee morning-I now have serious kitchen envy-and as I knew that she would be conjuring up some delicious homemade scones and cakes, I felt that this Emma Bridgewater lip balm was a better choice of gift-perfectly in keeping with the Palentine's or Galentine's Day.

                     
Would it be too much of a cliche to wear my red Zara boots today and go shopping with my hearts bag?
                           

I hope you all have a lovely day and are spending it with people you love and who love you- be it your friends, family or loved ones. Tx



















No comments:

Post a Comment