Sunday 25 September 2016

Tempting Treats at TK Maxx

I've finally got round to writing a new blog post after an absence of a few months where I was, quite frankly, too busy having fun to actually write about anything I have been doing. The one thing which has brought me out of hibernation, is an invite to the brand new TK Maxx in Newtownards.

                         
The long awaited TK Maxx store opened its doors to a crowd of excited shoppers at Ards Shopping Centre, Newtownards last week offering a fantastic selection of fashion and accessories for women, men and kids as well as the home, all with amazing savings and I was delighted when I was invited to come along to the pre-opening event, the evening before, along with my good friend, Rosemary.

     
Anyone who knows me will appreciate my love for the store-I never leave empty-handed with something for me, Lex, Robbie or our home. After being greeted with a glass or two of bubbly, we were treated to a gift card and a free hand to explore the store at leisure. TK Maxx offers a huge choice of great value style for the wardrobe and the home, all at up to 60% less than the RRP, and a significant discount to the price in a department store or on the high street.With several deliveries arriving every week bringing thousands of new items to store, TK Maxx buyers are always on the hunt all around the globe to deliver great value on designer labels, top brands and one-off gems for the entire family, so there is always be something new and exciting to discover.
I wouldn't normally expect to find the make-up brands which I use in TK's but on this occasion I did-LancĂ´me eye shadows, Elizabeth Arden bronzer, Maybelline mascara, Dior eye liner, Emma Bridgewater lip balm amd even a range of Laura Mercier products at a greatly discounted price. I also tracked down some Molten Brown shimmer oil which is fab at this time of year to add a bit of colour and gloss to my post summer body.
                         

       
       

I loved how the homewares department was totally colour co-ordinated-I wish I could bring some of this order to my home!

        

                                             
I was sorely tempted by this gorgeous Orla Kiely Kids' bedding set and co-ordinating stool but resisted as I didn't really think Robbie would appreciate the theme! It also comes in a boat, cars and flowery theme which would be simply divine in a wee one's bedroom.
       

 I also loved these wicker storage baskets and the blue striped towels-especially as I have a bit of a 'beach theme' obsession going on at the minute as part of a different project which will hopefully come together soon.

There was a real Autumn feel in the air on the opening night and a wealth of home accessories to match the season-from toadstools and pumpkins to marquee style lights in a range of themes.

                                            

    I bought these silver pumpkins last year but you can find similar here . The 'beware' pumpkins are also from their Hallowe'en range this year. 

Although the sun was shining brightly on the evening, I knew it wouldn't be too long before there would be a nip in the air and I'd be turning to some more autumnal numbers. With this in mind I bought this high-neck midi dress which matches the metallic boots I bought earlier from TK Maxx online.

                                             

                                                   

                   
  having bought a number of pairs of boots recently, I couldn't resist these Mary Portas for Clark's for £39.99 for everyday wear.


With winter on its way, it was impossible to pass on these glitzy numbers-chiffon body top with silver sequins (£9.99) and black sequinned culottes (£14.99)-an entire going-out outfit for less than £25! Unbelievable!
                                 

                                 
I was just about to leave when my eye was caught by this grey sequinned cardigan by Gerry Weber for an amazing £12.99 and also a gorgeous camel fur collared cape, also by Gerry Weber and also priced at £12.99.


                                  

So, to finish, it's fair to say that the opening night was a complete success for me. I also bought a few early Christmas presents but not going to share those at this stage! The store layout is well designed and makes weaving through the aisles easy. Whether you love or loathe the ethos of TK Maxx, you are sure to find something to suit your taste here. 
I'd love to hear your thoughts on TK Maxx Tx












No comments:

Post a Comment